Recent connections made between Oak Hills and our neighborhood community included:
- “Little Free Library” This simple structure, installed adjacent to our parking lot, holds a lending library for the neighborhood that operates on a “take a book/leave a book” basis. The library was created in partnership with the Clackamas Rotary Club.
- Oak Lodge History Event began with a big community event hosted by Oak Hills, featuring a presentation of our neighborhood’s history in words and pictures, presented by the Oak Lodge History Detectives.
- Night Out Against Crime gathering in our parking lot meant to foster connections in the neighborhood and create a safer community. Many new neighbors joined us for Popsicles, lawn games and fellowship.
- Movie Night in our play field shown on a giant inflatable screen, and families from church and from the neighborhood bundled up to watch. A good time was had by all!
- Last June, VBS was a blast as we headed back to ancient Rome with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We had great sets, an amazing Roman marketplace (complete with live bunnies and chickens) helping to teach about 70 children.
- We continue to coordinate the quarterly Red Cross Blood Drive at Oak Hills.