We call Jesus “Redeemer,” but what does that really mean? Long before the coming of Christ, God began to lay the groundwork for redemption in the lives of his people, weaving stories and images into the history of Israel that point forward to the work Christ would do on the cross. This Lenten season, as we prepare for Holy Week, we will trace this pattern of redemption, seeking a deeper understanding of all that Christ accomplished when he went to the cross for us. We will discover that from its very beginning, the story of scripture is a message of redemption, leading us straight to Calvary, the tomb, and the glory of Easter!
February 14, Valentine’s Day, is also Ash Wednesday . You are invited to join us at church for our 6pm Rice & Beans Lenten Dinner, followed by our Ash Wednesday service.
- Feb 14 Ash Wed “Awaiting Redemption” 6 pm, Rice & Beans Lenten Dinner Psalm 130 –
- Feb 18 Redemption Is Rescue Genesis 14:8-16 Abram and Lot
- Feb 25 Redemption Is Restoration Exodus 6:2-8 The Mosaic Covenant
- Mar 4 Redemption Is Betrothal Ruth 3:1-11, 4:9-12 Ruth and Boaz
- Mar 11 Redemption Is Pardon Hosea 2:14-20 Hosea and Gomer
- Mar 18 Redemption Is Coming Home Luke 15:11-32 Parable of the Prodigal
- Mar 25 Redemption Is Vicarious Mark 11:1-11 Palm Sunday
- Apr 1 Redemption Is Newness of Life Luke 24:36-49 Easter Sunday
- Apr 8 Living Gospel Abundance in a World of Scarcity Acts 4:32-37 Rev. Rob Hagan