- Peace-loving guru?
- Enlightened sage?
- Social revolutionary?
- Pious preacher?
Who is this Jesus we serve?
Does the real Jesus fit the profile we’ve created for him?
Do we see him as he is, or only as we want him to be?
When we look closely at the gospel accounts, we find
a Jesus who doesn’t fit neatly into the boxes we try
to put him in. Only when we lay down our biases and
bow before the real Jesus can we discover his
Join us for a challenging, up-close look at our surprising Savior!
Spring 2018 Sermon Series: April 15-June 10
- April 15 Jesus: The Boy Who Loved Church Luke 2:41-50 Communion
- April 22 Jesus: The Reluctant Miracle Worker John 2:1-11
- April 29 Jesus: The Teacher Who Didn’t Teach Luke 8:4-15 Rev. Christy Polk
- May 6 Jesus: The Antisocial Savior Matthew 8:18-22
- May 13 Jesus: The Secret Messiah Mark 8:27-33 Communion
- May 20 Jesus: The Sectarian Jew Matthew 15:21-28 Pentecost Sunday
- May 27 Jesus: The Enemy of Family Values Luke 14:25-33
- June 3 Jesus: Friend of the Simple, Folly of the Wise Matthew 11:20-30
- June 10 Jesus: The Absent Presence Matthew 28:18-20 Choir Sunday