Sunday Morning Adult Studies
Classes for adults meet Sunday mornings during the 9:15am worship service, and just following that service at 10:30am) in the Fireside Room.
9:15am: Dive deep into the book of James with retired missionary Eddie Mensinger. (Meets in the Fireside Room)
10:30am: The Good News Story class is based on the “The Story” curriculum and features short video lessons and interactive learning with the goal of helping participants put the Bible together as one comprehensive story. This class is facilitated by elder Larry Totzke. (Meets in the Fireside Room)
At least once a year, the 10-week “Alpha” course is offered. Alpha provides an opportunity to learn the basics of the Christian faith, both for curious non-Christians and for Christians seeking a better grasp of what they believe. Participants share a meal, discussion, and enjoy a weekend retreat together as part of the experience. Visit www.alpha.org to learn more, and check the church calendar for upcoming dates.
Oak Hills Connect Groups provide an opportunity to take a deeper step into friendship with fellow churchgoers. Groups meet in homes or at other locations, and choose their own format, including bible study, discussion, prayer and life sharing.
Please note that Connect Groups are currently limited due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope to see several return once the global health situation improves.
- Monday evenings at 7:00 via Zoom, this group does various Bible studies. Contact Larry Totzke at 614-906-6214 or Ltotzke46@gmail.com.
- Every other Wednesday, 6pm at church, led by Pastor Jeremy, this group is designed for working men. Contact Jeremy at 503-654-6173 or Jeremy@oakhillspres.org.
- Praying the Psalms, a Women’s Connect Group led by Pastor Christy. This group meets at 7pm in the Oak Hills Fireside Room and is following Beth Moore’s Stepping Up, a Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent curriculum. The Beth Moore workbook is $18. Masks are required for indoor meetings. Interested in joining us? Contact Pastor Christy: email@example.com.
Those in need of prayer can submit prayer requests to our church office (503-654-4321). Our email network of dedicated prayer warriors receive these updates in real time and commit to pray for each need. Contact the church office to submit a request, or to inquire about joining the prayer team.
This monthly Saturday morning walk invites participants to stroll the church neighborhood and surrounding areas, lifting up neighbors and their needs in prayer. Jim Anderson (503-757-5298).
Sunday Morning Fellowship (Currently suspended due to Covid-19)
Join us before or after Sunday worship in our fellowship hall for refreshments and conversation. 10:30-11am (Sep-June); 11:-11:30am (July–August).
- Hymn Sing – an all-request, all-ages hymn sing in the sanctuary. Late fall (see church calendar).
- Crafter’s Marketplace – a crafter’s bazaar hosted by Oak Hills, featuring arts and crafts from all over. Proceeds support our Backpack Buddies ministry. (cancelled due to Covid-19).
- Women’s Christmas Tea – a chance for Oak Hills’ women and friends to gather for a holiday celebration and dessert, featuring a special guest speaker (check Nov/Dec. newsletter for details).
- Ash Wednesday Rice & Bean Supper – observing the beginning of Lent together with a simple meal followed by a service of worship.
- Cocoa and Carols – a neighborhood gathering featuring hot cocoa, carol sing, holiday sweater contest and goodies. December (check church calendar).
- Outdoor Worship & Ice Cream Social – Our annual outdoor worship service on the lawn, followed by ice cream! First Sunday in August, 10am.
All men are invited to join us on the first Saturday of each month (Sept–June) at 8:30 am for a hearty breakfast and heartfelt conversation on topics relevant to guys’ lives.
A Friday-Sunday getaway featuring outdoor activities, bonfire, great food and some quality conversation focused on real life and Christian discipleship. Usually the last weekend in April, at Twin Rocks in Rockaway Beach.
A quarterly day of work around the church or to assist a homebound neighbor or parishioner. Dates and times TBA.
A monthly Thursday morning gathering for women featuring prepared Bible lessons, delicious food and warm fellowship. An annual luncheon is held in the spring. For questions contact Louise Anderson at 503-309-1084. Currently, the group is studying the PCUSA Horizons What My Grandmothers Taught Me book.
Women’s Connect Group
Praying the Psalms, a Women’s Connect Group led by Pastor Christy. This group meets at 7pm in the Oak Hills Fireside Room. This group is following Beth Moore’s Stepping Up, a Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent curriculum. The Beth Moore workbook is $18. Masks are required for indoor meetings. Interested in joining? Contact Pastor Christy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moms in Prayer
A weekly gathering of area moms to pray for our local schools, teachers and students. In the sanctuary, Fridays at 9am. Childcare available.
A restful weekend away at Twin Rocks Camp in Rockaway Beach, featuring great food, activities and a special guest speaker. Takes place yearly in late October. For more information, contact Cathy Searles at email@example.com .