Sunday Morning Adult Studies
Our classes for adults meet Sunday mornings before and after the 10am worship service.
9am Sunday Morning Bible Study: During the summer, this study follows the sermon series. Each week involves in-depth study and discussion of the past week’s sermon passage. (Rotating leadership of this class during the summer, including elders Sue Munn and Larry Totzky and Archie Trammel, and Pastor Christy.)
At least once a year, the 10-week “Alpha” course is offered. Alpha provides an opportunity to learn the basics of the Christian faith, both for curious non-Christians and for Christians seeking a better grasp of what they believe. Participants share a meal, discussion, and enjoy a weekend retreat together as part of the experience. Visit www.alpha.org to learn more, and check the church calendar for upcoming dates.
Oak Hills Small Groups provide an opportunity to take a deeper step into friendship with fellow churchgoers. Groups choose their own format, including Bible study, discussion, prayer and life sharing.
- Monday Small Group. This group led by Larry Totzke meets at 7:00pm in the Oak Hills youth room. This group does various Bible studies. Contact Larry Totzke at #614-906-6214 or Ltotzke46@gmail.com.
- Thursday Night Women’s Connect Group, a small group led by Pastor Christy. This group meets at 7pm in the Oak Hills Fireside Room and is currently working through N.T. Wright’s book Ephesians for Everyone. Interested in joining us? Contact Pastor Christy: email@example.com. (Currently on break for summer. Will return and begin a new book study.)
Those in need of prayer can submit prayer requests to our church office (503-654-4321). Our email network of dedicated prayer warriors receive these updates in real time and commit to pray for each need. Contact the church office to submit a request, or to inquire about joining the prayer team.
This monthly Saturday morning walk invites participants to stroll the church neighborhood and surrounding areas, lifting up neighbors and their needs in prayer. Jim Anderson (503-757-5298).
Moms in Prayer
A weekly gathering of area moms to pray for our local schools, teachers and students. In the sanctuary, Fridays at 9am. Childcare available.
Sunday Morning Fellowship
Join us after Sunday worship in our fellowship hall for refreshments and conversation.
- Hymn Sing – an all-request, all-ages hymn sing in the sanctuary. Late fall (see church calendar).
- Women’s Christmas Tea – a chance for Oak Hills’ women and friends to gather for a holiday celebration and dessert, featuring a special guest speaker (check Nov/Dec. newsletter for details).
- Cocoa and Carols – a neighborhood gathering featuring hot cocoa, carol sing, holiday sweater contest and goodies. December (check church calendar).
- Ash Wednesday Rice & Bean Supper – observing the beginning of Lent together with a simple meal followed by a service of worship.
- Outdoor Worship & Ice Cream Social – Our annual outdoor worship service on the lawn, followed by ice cream! First Sunday in August, 10am.
All men are invited to join us on the first Saturday of each month (Sept–June) at 8:30 am for a hearty breakfast and heartfelt conversation on topics relevant to guys’ lives.
A Friday-Sunday getaway featuring outdoor activities, bonfire, great food and some quality conversation focused on real life and Christian discipleship. Usually the last weekend in April, at Twin Rocks in Rockaway Beach.
A quarterly day of work around the church or to assist a homebound neighbor or parishioner. Dates and times TBA.
A monthly Thursday morning gathering for women featuring prepared Bible lessons, delicious food and warm fellowship. An annual luncheon is held in the spring. For questions contact Louise Anderson at 503-309-1084. (Currently on break for summer.)
Women’s Small Group
Thursday Night Women’s Connect Group, a small group led by Pastor Christy. This group meets at 7pm in the Oak Hills Fireside Room and is currently working through N.T. Wright’s study Ephesians for Everyone. Interested in joining us? Contact Pastor Christy: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Currently on break for summer. Will resume in fall with a new study book.)
Moms in Prayer
A weekly gathering of area moms to pray for our local schools, teachers and students. In the sanctuary, Fridays at 9am during the school year. Childcare available.
A restful weekend away at Twin Rocks Camp in Rockaway Beach, featuring great food, activities and a special guest speaker. Takes place yearly in late October. For more information, contact Cathy Searles at email@example.com .